Saturday 18 February 2012

Portuguese Biscoitos
Here's another first for me- biscoitos!
This year, I made these with the hope they would be better than last year's disaster batch- the weather was perfect and the timing just right. I found 2 recipes on line and mixed them together. This recipe was from http://www.food.com/recipe/av-s-biscoitos-portuguese-biscotti-cookies-346027 and I did add a teaspoon of vanilla and a teaspoon of lemon juice and substituted the butter with 1 bar of Crisco Butter flavoured shortening. We also bake them at 400 degrees. I am still yet to figure out how to cover them in the home made icing-any suggestions or recommendations?
These biscuits are perfect for dunking in a cup of tea or coffee and are light and crisp.  They are usually made for holidays and parties.  I will definitely make these again!

No comments:

Post a Comment