Sunday 19 February 2012

Pearl Couscous Salad


Last week we had a teacher appreciation lunch at school. Couscous salad was offered as a dish and it was so colourful and enticing.  It was made by Miles Market and was amazing! We bought a sampling yesterday and I was inspired to try a similar rendition today.
This recipe was so easy and is so flavourful! I followed the following recipe:
http://www.sunsweet.com/recipes/info_print.asp?Recipe=193 and substituted almonds for the pine nuts (last minute improvisation), used sultanas and added some orange juice and curry. It's chilling at the moment and I think that it will be an perfect match for the minced mint lamb skewers (from Supermart). Happy Sunday cooking, I know I will definitely make this couscous salad again!

No comments:

Post a Comment