Thursday 12 July 2012

Memory Lane Fried Chicken


Memory Lane Fried Chicken



It is a proven fact; my mom makes the very best fried chicken!

Mom would make fried chicken on a Saturday as a special lunch time treat for my Dad and all 5 of us kids.  Mom would always squeeze lemon juice over the chicken and it would be so fresh and juicy! She would pair the chicken with homemade mashed potatoes (made in the pressure cooker of course! “Tree minootes, den finish!”)


I used his recipe

I tweaked it a bit, substituting chili powder for the cayenne powder and I did not use coriander seeds for the brine.  I used a large bag of thigh and drumsticks and added some fresh lemon juice for old time's sake. For the brine, I did not boil the water before hand as I was in a hurry to head out in the morning. The end result was pleasing, my husband and kids really enjoyed the chicken!






.








No comments:

Post a Comment